I know I'm late posting this, but better late than never, right??!! We started off on the 19th driving to Nampa. We didn't take our normal route through Pullman because there was bad traffic (a couple hours wait), so we decided to turn around and go through Lewiston and then cut over to Washington. Well, silly me...instead of putting in "most use of freeways" on our navigation, I pushed "shortest distance." Well, pretty soon we found ourselves on a huge mountain ridge...about 1500 feet up. Oh man, SO SCARY! We were on that for about 35 miles, but it took us a couple of hours since there was so much snow. I looked over at Miller and he is clutching the steering wheel...white knuckles and all. On the bright side though, it was a lot faster :) We skipped all through Washington and Pendleton, OR...stopped in La Grande to eat a yummy dinner and were on our way to Nampa...a short ride. But, never again will we go that way...even if the other roads are terrible!!! So, here are some pictures of our Christmas...we had such a great time. I love being around family and I couldn't ask for better families than ours. Kaid and Kenn were so fun...they really got into the Christmas spirit...man, I love those two!!! I have really been wanting to find some Christmas traditions of our own that our little family can continue every year. For FHE the Monday before Christmas, I started one :) I think the kids enjoyed it...I know all the adults did! We decided to give presents to Jesus...nothing monetary... it turned out really well. We wrapped our "presents" and put them under the tree. We opened them Christmas morning. My parents participated with us...some of our presents to Jesus were "Serving others more, getting to church every week on time, etc." I hope everyone's Christmas was great too!!!
The new Oh So..
13 years ago

3 comments:
I had to laugh at your mountain adventure! Josh and i have found ourselves in similar predicaments and it is hilarious when it is someone else and not us!;) I would have peed my pants driving on top of a snowy mountain!
That is a cute family tradition you started! I like it.
Yes in deed I would have peed my pants as well!
that's such a cute idea!!
Post a Comment