Monday, January 26, 2009

Before surgery...

I can't figure out how to rotate this video...sorry! (turn your volume up!)

We took Kennedy to an ear, nose and throat doctor the beginning of January and he recommended she get her tonsils/adenoids out. She wasn't getting sick a lot or having lots of infections, hers were just really enlarged and causing her problems with breathing at night...essentially called sleep apnea in children...SCARY!!! So, today we arrived at the hospital around 7:45 a.m. and she was in surgery by 8:45 a.m. She was so brave and did such a great job. Miller gave her a blessing last night...wow, I'm so grateful for the priesthood in our home! She was out of surgery fairly quick, but it was incredibly nerve wracking nonetheless. When I went to see her in recovery, she was so funny from the anesthetic. She kept wanting to get out of bed. Luckily, we had a great nurse that was very patient and helpful. Here are some pictures of our morning...we are home now and she is doing great. She is such a little trooper...we love you Kenners!

4 comments:

Emily said...

She is so sweet! And what a good sport! I hope it all went well. You're a good, sweet mama.

Chalet said...

Glad to see it went well! What a stud Kennedy is!

Ryan & Kaci said...

You're an AWESOME MOM you know that??...One day she'll be able to look back at all the pictures & watch her video on the day she got her tonsils & adenoids out. I hope everything's still going well & I hope lil' KENNERS starts feeling better real soon! ♥ & miss you ALL!!

Juliann said...

I love Kennedy. I swear she is the most precious girl ever!