Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kennedy McKay... (WARNING...I might be a little biased)

For those of you who know Kennedy also know I have my hands full. She is one-of-a-kind...adventurous, independent, friendly, creative, sincere, outgoing, loving, funny, spontaneous...just to name of few. She picks you up when you are down, she befriends everyone and is never judgmental, she is exceptionally good with babies and is incredibly patient with little kids. She deeply loves her family and is happy whenever she can see her grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins...she lights up their lives as well. She is in every way a daughter I am proud to call mine and we have more fun together than you can imagine...whether its shopping, putting on makeup, going to movies, listening to music, dancing, giving each other pedicures, talking, or just enjoying each other's company...I love that little girl, she is my Kenners. All of these wonderful qualities and she is still harder than crap to put to bed. She starts out at 8:30-9:00...when we put Kaiden to bed. Same routine every night...wash faces, brush teeth, go potty, say prayers, get tucked in, kisses/hugs...EVERY NIGHT. Kaiden falls asleep usually within about 10 minutes, but Kennedy? Oh NO. This girl gets out of her bed at least a dozen times, asks every question imaginable including "what am I having for lunch tomorrow at school?" or "Mom, when are you going to bed?" The thing is, she is so sweet when she comes out...she knows she shouldn't, but how do you get angry at such an amazing little girl? Especially when she comes out singing or dancing??? I guess I shouldn't complain because she sleeps in at least until 9:30 usually (obviously that's half of my problem)...I guess she's just a night owl! (OH...prime example...I just heard her get out of bed and now she is in the bathroom going potty...and singing)

***Disclaimer...I love my Kaid-man just as much...he just goes to bed easily!***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute! I miss you guys!

Matt & Ali said...

Hey ever sense you guys went private it doesn't update you on my blog so I keep forgetting to check. I thought you had stopped blogging forever!!! Kennedy sounds like so much fun!!! I definitely need one of those!!!