Sunday, November 8, 2009

Selfishness...

Miller broke his foot/ankle. On Friday he was playing basketball with some friends and went to rebound the ball, came down and stepped on someones foot. Ouch. At first he just thought he sprained it really bad, he has bad ankles after all and rolls them all the time. I picked him up, he elevated it and rested in bed the rest of the day/night. Around 4:30 a.m. (he wasn't able to sleep at all), he was in so much pain he called in to the ER and they said an ambulance had just come in so they wouldn't be able to see him at least for a couple of hours. He hacked it out and then around 10:00 a.m. (Saturday) he went in...sure enough, broken...came home on crutches.

So here we are, Sunday night and it has been a rough weekend. For those of you who are frequent readers (I have a few of those, right?) you are probably thinking, "SERIOUSLY??? This guy broke his foot last year (same break, different foot) around this time, had a shoulder injury for a few months the beginning of this year from playing basketball, had a tonsillectomy/uvuloplasty here during spring break in March, got in a bike wreck and did this in June...

When it happened, I couldn't help but feel frustrated. Miller being out=Brandi doing EVERYTHING...BOO. I was thinking, "How lame, you were screwing around playing basketball with your dumb friends..." But I don't think that, at all...who would? I was just grumpy, really grumpy actually. The last month has just been so crazy and hectic and I feel like I have just been trying to keep up with everything, and barely staying afloat. Does anyone else ever feel like this??? A million things to do...a million thoughts in our head. Get up in the morning, feed the baby, fix breakfast, make cold lunches, take kids to school...oh crap, did they brush their teeth? Go back home, feed the baby, get ready, clean up the house, hope that the load (or two) of laundry gets folded and put away all by itself, pick up kindergartener, feed her, play with her, try to keep the house clean (yeah, right...she's wild!), feed baby, pick up 2nd grader, feed him a snack, ask about his day, wonder what in the world is for dinner, clean up the house, feed the baby, make dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, take kids to dance, piano, scouts...sooooo thankful football and soccer are finally OVER, come home, play with the kids, get kids ready for bed, story time, prayers, goodnight... THEN, tend to other stuff...picking up the house, church callings, the blog ;), etc. Stay up way too late, get upset at yourself for staying up too late, vow you will NEVER do it again and then lights out. STARTING THE WHOLE THING AGAIN TOMORROW AROUND 7:00 a.m. WOW.

Needless to say, because I have been feeling like this lately, Miller has had NO special treatment from me...how sad...crappy wife. Normally I will tend to him the best I can so that he can get better as soon as possible. This time, no such luck...I have been being selfish.

Its funny, we try to teach our kids to be self-less. Always consider every one's feelings...try to help anyone that needs help...and here I am, as selfish as can be and ashamed to admit it.

Here is my honey tonight, being doctored by me...his wife...in good times and in bad, right! :). He has always taken such great care of me (here is an example), so that is what I'm going to do...WITH A SMILE! (well, maybe not with a smile) Love ya babe, I can't imagine my life without you!





7 comments:

Annette said...

So sad! Feel better Miller. And no Brandi, you are not the only one feeling like your barely keeping your head above water!

*LaUrA* said...

ouch...that looks horrible!! Hope it heals quickly! And Brandi...I know all the wives/mothers who read this can relate and have felt this many a times:) You are an awesome wife and mother!

Anonymous said...

Dang Miller! Always getting hurt!! I have to honestly say Brandi, this is the first time I've ever heard you complain, So if you only complain once in 9 years I think you are doing pretty great!

Lauren said...

I read ya, Brandi, and think you are NOT selfish. You are dedicating your life to taking care of your family, and it sounds like you do a great job! I thought I was busy... but you win the prize! Things get more complicated with school schedules, huh? I have another year or two to enjoy before that. By the way, your family pictures are awesome!

Dixie & Markus said...

Three kids and a broken husband is a tough job! Hang in there! The family photos look great! such a good-lookin' bunch!

Des said...

not hat is what you call kankles! man, I hope it gets better fast. I do feel like it has been quite a hectic month, for ME, and you have done MORe than me, I know you have. So man- I hope it ALL gets better fast, not just Millers ankle

Erin&Ryan said...

ahhh Brandi thanks for this post! Ive been so overwhelmed with life latley good to know im not the only one that feels this way!!