
Kaiden was baptized on August 8th and I couldn't feel older at the moment. It was such a surreal experience for me. As I watched Miller dip Kaiden into the water, my mind drifted back to all the baptisms I had been to...my own, my sisters, cousins, friends...and they all seem like a lifetime ago. However, what a blessing it is being able to feel the Spirit at every one of them. Being a Mother this time though, it was so nerve racking preparing for his special day. Invitations went out...check. People playing a part in the baptism and confirmation called and asked...check. Planning the food and fun afterwards...check. Buying Kaiden a new white shirt and tie...check. Reserving the church...check. Baptism outfits...check. A sane and completely in control Mother...absolutely NOT. :) But when all was said and done, I really couldn't have asked for anything more, it was absolutely perfect. So, thank you all who came and supported Kaiden on his big day, we truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Kaiden did such a great job listenning and paying attention to everyone that played a part. If you know Kaid, he is pretty shy, so its hard for him to have the spotlight...but he rose to the occasion like a champ and couldn't have been cuter. We are soooooooo proud of you buddy!!!!!

The Grandpas...
3 comments:
Congrats to Kaid!!! Baptisms are seriously the best!!!! I was thinking back to when you were pregnant with him and you came to visit me right after my dad had died. That was forever ago!!! And look how cute and grown up he is!!! Must be good parents!!!
Congratulations Kaiden!! Dave's nephew was baptized that same day so we were off doing all the same stuff...except I am sure it was more stressful for you because I just had to show up :)
Congrats Kaiden!
Post a Comment