1- Baby Magic lotion and baby bath... I may be old-fashioned here (I know there are lots of new and wonderful products out there) but I can't help it...these smells have BABY written all over them to me.
2- Huggies supreme diapers... I can't seem to change brands. They never caused any leaks and they always fit so perfectly, especially around chubby little legs.
3- Baby swing... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. I would turn Baby Einstein on and Kaid and Kenn would be entertained while their little brains would be stimulated with all different shapes and colors.
4- Desitin... I actually like the original better than the creamy. I haven't ever ran into any diaper rashes (knock on wood) and I think I have the Desitin to thank...I think.
5- Kirkland (Costco) brand baby wipes... They are so moist and fairly cheap. Plus, you don't have to refill them and they come in bulk...I really do love Costco.
6- Gerber baby cloth diapers... Okay, I am not insane and use cloth diapers for their intended purpose (don't wanna offend anyone who does, I'm just not into washing poo out of things when I don't have to) I use these for burp cloths. When you wash them (with Downy of course) they get super soft...plus they can be bleached...LOVE THEM!
(On a side note... YAY for ME! Look at the cute-sie wipe and diaper cases my sister-in-law made for me)

10 comments:
I have been trying to find cloth diapers for that very reason to make some dang cute burp cloths. Where do you find them? Sorry I don't have any insight on the new and fun stuff.
Haha you are too funny! These are the things I fell in love with,
First yes the decorative diaper and wipee cases for public appearances. Second the nursing aprons or wraps for public nursing. third a jumperoo....a must have!!! more accessilbe than the johnny jump up and and less head bangs in the door ways. My sister in law says that the diaper wipes warmer is a must have so I am going to try one this pregnancy I think. Good luck and let us know what new things you find so that I know when it is my turn!
I'm in the same boat as you, but I had a friend the other day whip out this handy little spoon that you could open and put baby food in and then you just have to squeeze a little and it pours the baby food right onto the spoon! Hard to explain, but I am definitely buying a couple of those even though we won't need them for quite a few months. She said she got them at target. I've heard good and bad about the bumbo. More bad then good, so I think I'm going to pass on it. I don't know though we'll see how it goes! Good luck. i'll be checking back to see if you get any good advice:)
I absolutely LOVE the Bumbo... I haven't had any "bad" to associate with it. It makes it ten times easier for babies to be comfortable and upright before they can sit on their own.
I love the bibs with the food catcher device (target.com)
There are many more baby lotions out there now that smell way better than baby magic. One of my favortites is the "natural essentials" line. It's in a green and tan bottle... and I thought the brand name was Aveeno, but I'm not entirely sure. Also... if you know anyone who does Amway/quixtar, there is a baby lotion from there that is FABULOUS. We have friends that sell it... so I get my fix from there. It's jasmine/vanilla... and even my sister-in-law agrees that it's the absolute best baby smell in the world!
I love the little shopping cart covers that you can buy. They also double as a little play mat for the baby to lay on in busy places... like an airport... when they need to stretch out, but you don't necessarily want them touching the ground... oooohhhh nasty airport floors!
There a little mirror thing for the car. You hook it to the headrest of the seat that the baby's carseat is on. Then you can see the baby by looking into your rear-view mirror while you're driving. Very handy... even has a light for night time.
That's all I can think of right now. Good luck Brands!
This is too funny! It may be shocking but I don't have a cute wipe case or diaper bag, or a Bumbo! I am a simple gal, I guess, but I do love Baby Legs. They are so cute on Maddie as leg warmers.
Ella doesn't like her swing, but I use the bouncer every day. Maddie used Nuk pacifiers but Ella uses the one I got from the hospital called Gumdrops. You can order them online. I like them because they are small. And for spitty babies (both of mine) the cloth diapers are a must. I go through about 10 a day! It sounds like you have the basics down! Good luck!
A must have for me was a mesh bath seat. Not sure what they are called but I can put Troy and Zada in the same bath. And it's not as bulky as the plastic bath we had with Troy, so it will be easy to store in our little apartment.
I love about everything that was already said, Love love love the bumbo (don't know how anyone could't) Jumparoo, shoping cart cover, nuk binkis, diaper bag so they are not all over your bag, I have seen those spoon things they sound cool. Food mats for when you eat out they have ones you can keep or throw away, I did the toss and wish I wouldn't have you spend more buying and buying when the others you could just clean and put in your bag. Car seat blanket, Britt has one maybe you have seen it. (although your having a summer baby so maybe not) binki holders so they are not falling on sick floors. Medela sp? 50 dollar breast pump. ( no need to get the 2-300 dollar one. Formula divider so when you go out and about it is already to go and you just dump it. Umm thats all!
I love Carters onesies. They're more expensive, but they're such better quality and they fit Alaina better than any other brand. Oh, and we couldn't live without lots and lots of blankets - of all colors and sizes. You have to have a lot because they're always getting spit up on, etc... I'm excited for you to have a little baby again!
I am really old fashion but I love to smell and kiss a baby that covered in Baby Magic lotion.
My only comments are that I love the baby swing that sits low because it is so much easier to move around. Also regarding the cloth baby diapers, the place I used to work Mandalay International 801-782-7973 sells them for really cheap and they are great. They have two different kinds so make sure you tell them you want them for burp rags.
Wanted to remind you about the bath sponge thing that goes in the bathtub. You taught me this and it is by far my favorite way to wash babies.
Post a Comment