Monday, July 20, 2009

Change...

This last week I have found myself full of all different emotions...

First off, I have been planning Kaiden's baptism. DID YOU HEAR ME????? IN 2 DAYS MY LITTLE MAN...MY FIRST BORN...WILL BE 8! He has grown up so fast. Here are some qualities I want to remember about him at this time in his life...

1- He is such a great brother. He is patient and kind to Kennedy when frankly...she's not very nice to him. He is careful with and adores Krew...he loves "talking" with him.

2- He is sincere. I am not using this word loosely at all...this boy is sooooo sincere. He always wants to be good. He takes things very seriously. Whether it is doing something for me...or playing with his friends...he always tries to be kind and loving and he succeeds most of the time.

3- He is super smart. He teaches me something everyday. He is a sponge...soaks up every little tidbit he can about absolutely EVERYTHING. He has a memory like you would never believe. He knows an unbelievable amount of information about every kind of animal/insect/reptile/mammal...it is pure craziness.

4- He idolizes his Dad. He always wants to be around him...hanging out with him, talking to him, wrestling with him. They both have the same mentality...they love to joke and are constantly laughing at and with each other, they have a great relationship...plain and simple...this boy LOVES his Daddy.

5- He is very loving. He is constantly giving me hugs and saying, "Mom, there is not a better Mom than you in the world." Makes this old Mom very happy :)

6- He is genuinely innocent. I LOVE that he is still a kid. He doesn't get embarrassed about liking "kid" things. He will sit down and watch Olivia with Kennedy...he will play with her and pretend to like the things she does. There are a lot of kids growing up way too fast these days and I'm just glad he isn't yet.

7- He is very obedient. I usually only have to tell him once to do something and he doesn't mind doing it. He is patient and respectful...a big help to this Mama with 3 kiddos!

8- He is content. He is a happy child with a great attitude for life. I LOVE YOU KAID-MAN!

Secondly, my little princess is 5 1/2 going on 20. This little girl is growing up way too fast for her Daddy and I to handle. Here are some things I love about my Kenner Benners...

1- She has an attitude like nobody else. When I say attitude, I don't necessarily mean a bad one (although, sometimes it is). She has an incredible amount of sass to her...and spunk...this girl is just fun to be around. She is beautiful inside and out.

2- She absolutely LOVES to be around people. She knows more people in this complex than I do and they are all very important to her. She makes friends so easily with everyone...and she takes her friendships very seriously.

3- She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. She definitely holds a special place in his heart. She is his golfing buddy...dancing partner (he twirls her and she loves it...with the occasional dip)...make no mistake, she is a Daddy's girl.

4- She seriously is my best friend. I have so much fun with her throughout the day. We love the same things...getting pedicures, going to the movies, chatting with our friends, cooking, makeup, shopping...we are a lot alike.

5- She is unbelievably independent. This girl picks her own outfits, puts on makeup, does her own hair, paints her own nails and toenails, tends to the baby, makes her own bed...sometimes I depend on her too much :)

6- She is completely in love with her brothers. She looks up to Kaiden so much and loves to play anything with him. She is a huge help with Krew...holds him and tends to him when I can't, she makes little beds for him, she puts him in his swing...she talks to him and makes him happy...she is a HUGE help. Thank you Kennedy, I LOVE YOU!!!

Third, Krew is 7 weeks! It seems like I was just laboring with him...wanting to pull my hair out and then feeling a complete sense of peace when he was laid on my chest for the first time. I can't imagine our lives without this sweet little boy. Here are some things I love about Krew...

1- He is such a snuggler. I didn't know how much I enjoyed naps until I had Krew. Once he implants himself into my chest, his head up on my shoulder...its over...here come the zzzzz's, so comfortable!

2- He is such a happy baby. He is constantly coo-ing and smiling...and laughing! He is so alert now and loves to look around at everything.

3- He loves his Daddy...and his brother and sister...and his Mama! He lights up whenever we talk to him...I LOVE YOU KREW-STER!!!

Lastly, I have had an enormous amount of love for Miller lately. Not that I don't always, but lately I have realized just how lucky I am. He is such a great Daddy...always taking his kids to do things. He's energetic and fun...they always love hanging out with him. He is super helpful around the house. Since I have had Krew he has taken over all the grocery shopping. I email him a list and he goes...it actually saves us money because I tend not to make a list and throw things in the cart when I shop. He encourages me to hangout with my friends and never minds if I do. He constantly tells me I'm doing a great job being a Mother and a wife...or that the house looks good...or dinner is great. He constantly uplifts my spirits and I am so thankful to be his wife...LOVE YA HONEY!!!!!

So my conclusion is this...change is okay sometimes. My kids are going to keep getting bigger...and older whether I like it or not. I am so thankful I was chosen to be their Mom...I can't imagine anything else I would rather do.

Here are some pictures of my little munchkins...

7 weeks! Can you see Krew's birthmark on his eyelid? When he was about 2 1/2 weeks old it started to show. It adds character don't ya think???
A SMILE!





Kaiden was holding Krew and Kennedy couldn't stand it any longer because she wanted to hold him too. So, she went around behind him and kept trying to give Krew kisses. Looks like her nightgown got caught on something...nice undies Kenners!
My friends and I had a garage sale on Saturday and Kennedy and her friend Emma came to help. They found this hula stuff amongst everything and just had to have it...they looked pretty cute.

5 comments:

(me)linda said...

Change is so hard for me, but I couldn't agree more that it's a good thing. It forces growth, and brings your true colors to the top. I've been marveling a lot about that myself lately. I love that your family is doing so well. And Miller's weight loss...HOLY COW! Talk about change!

Katy said...

Brandi
I don't have your email address but I have a cousin and her husband who are moving there (moscow right?) to start his second year of law school. My cousin is pregnant with her first and she is feeling worried about finding a good doc. and really wants a recommendation. Also, they are wondering about ward recommendations, areas of town to live in or avoid and apt. complex recommendations. If you could take a sec and write me back we would much appreciate it. She is here with me now and for the rest of the summer. Her name is Ashley and her husband is Alex. They are coming from Florida where he did his first year of Law School.
Thanks SO much!! Look forward to hearing from you.
katymcgee@gmail.com

Erin&Ryan said...

Oh Brandi what a great post!! Your kids sound so dang wonderful! It always seems like my two boys are going at it and im always yelling at them to stop you made me stop and think about all the things i love about them and how blessed i am to be there mommy!! Im so happy for you! Your babies are beautiful!!

Bree said...

I can't believe your biggest baby is going to be 8! I remember going to Kristy's funeral with you and you were almost due. On the way I just kept looking at your belly, cause it was so weird to have a friend that was prego. All three of your kiddos are so cute.

Dixie & Markus said...

What a sweet post! You're such a good mommy! Somebody needs to do a post about how great you are:)