Sunday, April 5, 2009

Getting closer

I can't believe I only have 7 weeks of this pregnancy left. It really has gone by fast and been such a great experience. I love that Kaiden and Kennedy are older and can understand and get excited about the different stages of it all...seeing the baby on the ultrasound and hearing his heartbeat, watching my tummy grow (and grow and grow!), getting the room ready...its so exciting to share this with them. They are going to be such great older siblings! For those of you who know me well, know that I like to be prepared and organized. When I get my mind set on something, I have to do it right then until its finished...I know this drives Miller crazy sometimes, but he is such a good sport and most always indulges my craziness...this time by setting the crib up. Thanks honey, I love you!
Our neighbors had a brand-new crib (still in the box!) given to them that they weren't going to use (their little baby has always slept with them) so they gave it to us. We were so grateful we didn't have to buy another one (Kaiden and Kennedy did a number on ours...I'm pretty sure duct tape was involved by the time Kennedy was ready to move to a bed!)
Also, I had been looking online forever for bedding that I loved and that wasn't outrageously priced. I fell in love with this set from Gap Home and waited to purchase it until it was 20% off...isn't it cute!!!
Maybe some of you have seen these at Target...they are called Cubicles and are pretty easy to put together...I love them! They are a must for apartment living (for us anyways)...we have a dark espresso one in our living room and Kaid and Kenn have a lighter wood one in their bedroom. Instead of getting a dresser for our new little guy, we opted for this. They provide so much storage and keep things very organized. I accidentally bought one too many blue bins for this one, but I think it looks okay.

Now we are just eagerly awaiting our little munchkin. He has been so active, moving all around. Sometimes I stop and laugh because he's tickling me, I LOVE IT! I have to admit, I really do love being a Mother. Now all we need is a name...UGH...

9 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

I love the bedding you chose...super cute...and awesome on the free crib!! I like those cubicles and need to get a set for Carter's room... we are having trouble with organization in there!

ooooh you are getting close!! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy really soon!

The Jacobson Family said...

What a cute bed set!! We a jungle animal one for Carson and I loved it. I am going to have to check out those cubicles--Carson's room is over run with toys and that would really help.

Ashley said...

That is bedding is super cute!!!

Ashley and Dave said...

Love the bedding.
Also...you are super silly! You didnt get too many blue ones...keep the blue in the middle and switch the other blues with the green ones...then it will be every other ;)

The Hill Clan said...

You are right. That bedding is sooo cute. I'm really excited for you guys. Good luck on the name thing. Coming up with boys name is the worst!!!

The Hill Clan said...

FHE would be fun but I'm feeding the missionaries again at 6:00 because I'm a dork and forgot to find someone to feed them and then Josh has a class at 7:00. Let's definetly do it some time soon though. Assuming it ever gets completely warm.

Jaylynn said...

I love the bedding you found! Your blog is super cute and so are your sweet little kids, how exciting to add another! Can't believe you only have 7 wks left..that's exciting! I on the otherhand, am only 12 weeks along so I've got a ways to go but looking at your cute baby stuff makes me excited to start looking..hee hee, I'm like you, I gotta know if it's a boy/girl first!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

LOVE the bedding. Way to go on being prepared! Hope these last weeks don't drag on for too long. It is so super uncomfortable in the end. Get some good sleep!!!

Ryan & Kaci said...

BRANDERS...I ♥ the bedding! SUPER CUTE! I really like the name you already have picked out. I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left. CAN'T WAIT!!! ♥YOU!!